Located in Buffalo, NY, the Metzger family has been involved in the construction industry since the 1880's. A small, family owned business, Metzger, Inc. provides a personalized, "boutique" approach to our clients.
Founded in 1991 by Peter Metzger, our firm has grown from flooring procurement, to a full service FF&E consulting and buying group, organized around your project's distinct needs.
Completely independent for our entire existence, we have refused to align ourselves with any market place supplier. That means we bring your project a full "market basket" of offerings, with no preconceived motivations to sell you on any distinct product or service. All of our work is done open book, with all costs of our involvement identified before we are hired.
Our involvement has saved our client's not only millions of dollars, but time and internal costs. We like to say we have never cost a client a penny.
As a completely independent consultant and client advocate, we have perfected a system by which we streamline the purchasing process. The end result is the delivery of your selected products and services, at the lowest prices for your advertised need, combined with a well organized, and professionally managed buying experience.
We want you to engage in product decisions which best fit your identified applications, not just the cheapest options available. Truly a project team member, we will advise on all aspects of the procurement process, from budgeting/estimating, all the way to product/service delivery.
Metzger, Inc. is structured to service our clients in two basic ways:
- Acting as your dedicated resource for the entire purchase process (from inception through delivery) for your flooring needs. We maintain manufacturer direct relationships with most every major industry player, and handle everything from commercial carpet tile, and luxury vinyl plank (LVT) to wool/nylon blend Ax-minster carpets for casinos. This would generally be handled transactionally (% over the cost of the selected process), and is generally exercised in the following ways:
- Construction and Management of a Standards Program - Service your needs nationally, at fixed/pre-identified price points, as owner supplied (multiple products).
- Construction and Management of a "National Account" - Negotiating on your behalf, the construction, bidding, and purchase of a single product, national account for your use.
- Large Single Project Flooring Buys - Large stand-alone projects which require a dedicated RFP to cost qualify options presented to designers, meet VE requirements, or re-qualify specified options to meet your use environment, budget, etc.
- Large Corporate Office Buildings
- Acting as a multi-scope, "owner's agent" or niche construction manager, to contend with several project scopes (from budgeting, through purchase coordination) over the duration of an entire project. This would generally be handled as a retainer (fixed fee spread over an identified period of time), and would generally be exercised on the following scopes of work:
- Student Housing Furniture
- Cabinetry and Counter-tops (Natural Stone, Solid Surface, Plastic Laminate, etc.)
- Vinyl Windows
- Misc. Interior Finishes (Window Blinds, Exercise Equipment, etc.)
We currently service several distinct sectors of the commercial marketplace, including:
- Commercial Office/Tenant Space
- Student Housing
- Gaming and Hospitality (Casino, Resort, Hotel, etc.)
- Senior Living
- Mixed Use Space and Multi-Family Housing
Our client roster includes a diverse array of the following:
- Large and Small Private Corporations
- Real Estate Developers
- Private and Public Educational Institutions
- Facilities Management Groups
- Construction Management Firms (CM at Risk)
- Hospitality and Gaming Venues
- Individual States/Municipalities, and Public Institutions
Drawing on decades of relevant sector specific experience, a full complement of manufacturer direct relationships, and a low cost home market, we are organized to provide you real value.